Botanical Garden Marimurtra
The Private Foundation Carl Faust
Carl Faust died in April 1952 at the age of 78. The last years of his life he had felt very anxious, precisely, for the future of the Garden, but he left with the conviction that that great work of his would have continuity. Before his death, Faust created the Carl Faust Foundation. The government and the representation of the Foundation correspond to its Board, which has the responsibility of fulfilling the foundational objectives:
- The protection and promotion of Mediterranean biology studies, especially in botany.
- Conserve and improve the Marimurtra Botanical Garden.
- Seek international cooperation and relations for the benefit of scientific research and dissemination.
Keeping up a botanical garden is a huge challenge, but it is possible thanks to the people who trust us and believe in our cause. This is why we want to thank you all for having thought of this beautiful spot on the Costa Brava. Thanks to you we can keep on enjoying this natural wonder.
Passeig de Carles Faust, 9
E-17300 Blanes (Catalonia)
– Monday to Sunday from 09:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
(Last admission 1 h before closing)
– Adult ticket: 7 €
– Children under 4 years (accompanied by an adult): Free